Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quick character sketches

More of my sketchbook time has been taken up with prepping for schoolwork and uninteresting landscape thumbnails (which has actually been direly needed, but I digress), but here are some characters I've doodled recently as well.

Piece of useless trivia #1: This is my version of the Starbucks Siren/Mermaid/whatever she is. I also might just have an idea that intrigues me enough to pursue it for my Junior Studio class--maybe do a series of reinterpretations of famous characters/logos from restaurants and such franchises in the US. Maybe.


Piece of useless trivia #2: The zombie's face was inspired by Mike Rowe. Yes, the Dirty Jobs guy.


I am excited for this semester, but I have a feeling it is not going to leave me with as much time to make decent/more finished pieces in my sketchbook like I used to have time for. My schedule's pretty booked this semester--I've got a photoshop class, painting, editorial illustration, mixed media drawing and the previously mentioned Junior Studio in the works. Good for my art production, of course, and fabulous for personal challenge and growth, not so fabulous for my sketchbook/personal studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment