Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chop Suey



Inspired by Chop Suey by System of A Down. This is probably more of a b/w comp than an actual drawing, to be honest--I'm okay with the placement of the bodies in the pile and I like the people grabbing at the soldier, but he looks way too proud in this--I want him to not just seem depressed. I want him flat out desperate to redeem himself. I'm hoping maybe after school lets out for winter break I can make a painted version of this in oils.

The final's probably going to be painted on cardboard if I can manage it. War isn't glamorous, and from personal experience, not something everyone is proud of in their later years. Why should I place such gruesome imagery on velvet? I would only give the subject what it deserves.

And on a much lighter note, I have about two or three weeks left at this semester of AIB! Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment