Friday, November 19, 2010

A change of pace


A speed study of Michael Fassbender as Bobby Sands in Hunger. (On a brief tangent, I totally recommend Hunger if you are in the right mood. It's a powerful movie and Fassbender gives a really compelling performance, but it's not for the faint of heart.) Unsure of how long the drawing took, but somewhere between forty minutes to an hour I think.

EDIT 11/30/2010:


Here is a second Michael Fassbender study added to this post, because it wasn't important enough to merit its own post! Reference is here. I like drawing a face with really distinguished characteristics like Fassbender's (Irish cheekbones, much?), but it also makes it a challenge to get the features and proportions 110% correct. I guess that's a good thing though. It'll inform the faces to my own characters much more than if I just continue pulling them out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment